Clinics and Services
We offer a range of services including the below. For more information, please visit our Health Review and Assessment Clinic Room.
Apart from the usual medical services we provide:
- Routine GP antenatal and postnatal care
- Asthma care – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit an review of your Asthma, please use our online form
- Baby and childhood development checks
- Cervical screening (smear tests)
- Contraception – oral, injection, IUDs and implants – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit an contraceptive review, please use our online form
- Diabetic care
- Emergency contraception
- Help with smoking cessation and alcohol problems – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a review of your smoking, please use our online form
- Pre-conception advice
- Routine childhood and adult immunisations
- Travel immunisations including yellow fever
We provide screening services for:
- Breast lumps
- High blood lipids and cholesterol
- High blood pressure – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a blood pressure reading, please use our online form
- Rubella immunity
- Sickle cell disease
Our nurses are available for help with minor ailments and general advice, as well as:
- Advice on asthma and diabetic management
- Advice about operations
- Blood pressure checks
- Blood tests
- Dietary advice
- Dressings and wound care
- Ear syringing
- Immunisations – For more information, please visit our Travel Room
- Removal of stitches
- Urine testing
Contraception advice is also available from our nurse specialist as well as from the doctors. Please contact the surgery for an appointment.
We have a pharmacist (Jignesh) working with us 4 days a week. He works alongside us in all areas of medicines and prescribing. He also has specialist interest in Asthma and COPD and runs face to face and telephone consultations. He also has expertise in medication reviews for long term conditions and medication reconciliation post hospital discharge or when specialists have made medication changes. Contact the surgery for an appointment.
Please visit https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/countries to find out which vaccinations are required for your country of travel.
Brockwell Park Surgery only provides travel vaccinations which are free to patients on the NHS i.e. Polio/Tetanus/Diphtheria (combined), Typhoid, Hepatitis A and Hepatitis A/Typhoid (combined).
We do not offer vaccinations for Hepatitis B, Yellow Fever, Hepatitis A&B (combined), Meningitis-ACWY, Cholera, Rabies, or Japanese B Encephalitis. We do not supply Malaria tablets. You will need to pay for these vaccines/tablets. They are available at various local pharmacies, including:
- Fourway Pharmacy, Herne Hill
- Baba Chemist, Tulse Hill
If you would like to book an appointment with us for an NHS travel vaccine i.e.Polio/Tetanus/Diphtheria (combined), Typhoid, Hepatitis A or Hepatitis A/Typhoid (combined), please submit our Travel Risk Assessment form. We need this form at least 6 weeks prior to travelling because some immunisations take time before they are effective.
After you have submitted your form, one of our nurses will review your medical notes and will call you to discuss your immunisations. If after one week you have not heard from us, please call the surgery on 020 8678 5400.